La Qatar Airways airline yesterday concluded the inaugural flight of the Doha-Auckland route that it is now the longest flight in the world. To cover the distance of 15.534 kilometers that separate Doha in Qatar to Auckland in New Zealand, the Boeing 777-200LR of the airline Qatar Airways took 16 hours and minutes 23.
This flight boasts many records not only for the distance, it spans 10 time zones, and on board the flight 15 hostesses and stewards serve 1036 hot meals, 1100 cups of coffee and tea and 2000 cold drinks. A Boeing 777-200LR, one of the aircraft with the greatest flight autonomy, and whose "guide" there are 4 pilots. The return trip can take up to an hour longer due to head winds that blow mostly in reverse in the southern hemisphere.
Il previous record The longest flight in the world belonged to the airline Qantas Airways, with the flight from Sydney in Australia to Dallas in the United States of America covering 13.804 kilometers, with a duration of 17 hours.
You may also be interested in:
- Koh Ngai Island: Tips and Information
- The Gelmer funicular: a thrilling experience on the steepest funicular in the world
- Where to sleep in Dublin: the best neighborhoods to stay
- Ostia Antica: opening hours, ticket prices and how to get there
- When to go to Belarus, Best Month, Weather, Climate, Time